Aerial Yoga Training for Teacher’s & Students of Yoga
- with Simone (Simmi) Fink of hOHM
‘But what if I fall?’… Oh, my dear, but what if you FLY?!
This course is accredited with Yoga Alliance and a YACEP designation, or Yoga Alliance Continued Education Provider course, taught by Simmi, with Yoga alliance experienced yoga teacher, with over 500 hours of teaching teachers.
Aerial Yoga is a fun approach to traditional yoga, allowing you to use gravity in a different way, as you are suspended from a Hammock. The hammock can be used in SO many different ways, by many types of people, to increase strength, flexibility, power, weightloss, trust issues, ADHD children and so, so much more.
This teachers training course is an amazing addition to your existing offering as a yoga teacher. We will be offering a chakra aerial training, tapping into each of our energy centres, and using the hammock to aid us in our yogic journey. Learn all you need to know to be able to share this wonderful take on yoga with your students.
Sticking with the Chakra System of Pyramid Yoga’s Scientific approach, This comprehensive 30 hr course covers aerial yoga from the ground, up to the sky. You will learn everything you need to know, from safety, rigging, spotting, adjustments & receive a manual with over 101 Poses (and tips how to flow into your own new moves).
Simmi Fink is registered as an E-RYT500 and YACEP provider, with 4 year experience in Aerial Yoga, and has been teaching yoga since 2013.
“I find that teaching yoga brings out the Zen, and aerial yoga brings out the Fun.”
*This training course is a blend of aerial yoga and spirituality, as I could not teach one without the other. You will gain a deeper understanding of the chakra yoga system, as taught in our 200 hour TTC’s, including learning your own chakra life path energy, and other practices that do not form part of your conventional 200hr TTC. You will also gain the skills and knowledge to practice, learn and teach aerial yoga.
How the course is structured:
Introduction, The many benefits, Anatomical facts, Endocrine System, Contra- Indications, 8 Limbs of Yoga, Pranayama breath training, Overview of each chakra & the translation into not just the aerial yoga poses, but particular styles and ways of teaching according to different aspects and the qualities of each energy centre as follows:
- Muladhara Chakra: (Earth) Learn about the relationship between gravity and the fabric, and the relationship between the fabric and the floor (with some body part on the floor/mat eg. feet/hands/knees) learning the foundational knowledge of this new incredible prop. Learn Low flying ‘restorative’ ways with the hammock
- Swadhistana Chakra (Water): Learning how to FLOW with your hammock, including sequencing & many hip openers.
- Manipura Chakra: (Fire) Learn how to use the hammock to bring on the heat & power in your aerial practice, firing up the core needed for more advanced moves as you develop your practice further.
- Anahata Chakra (Air): Backbends that defy gravity & don’t hurt the joints.
- Vishuddha Chakra (Ether): We will bring in some spiritual aspects to our practice, including the voice as sound, how to teach, and make use of mantras etc in an aerial yoga class including Floating Yoga Nidra
- Ajna Chakra (Electro Magnetism): Finding the balance in your aerial Yoga practice & teaching methods. Balancing poses and standing in the fabric poses are incorporated as well as the art of concentration.
- Sahasrara (Awareness): Becoming conscious & blowing your mind. Let’s expand, let’s open, and let’s FLY! advanced moves, Flips & tricks, according to the level of the class as well as the deepest meditations and shavasanas ever experienced.
19 to 22 May 2022 (Thursday to Sunday)
30 hour YACEP course investment: R5500 (early bird special R4500 pay before 10 April 2022)
hOHM is joining forces with Ananda Sanctuary (Woodstock, Cape Town) for this comprehensive 30 hour course.
Optional Aerial Yoga Hammock to keep: R1500 (save R1000, selling for R2500.)